Friday 6 April 2012

Reading Revelation



I don't know how many times I've read Revelation - it even formed a large proportion of a module in my Masters Degree - and yet I've never really got to grips with it.
But reading it over the last few days in my quiet times, I've found the NIV commentary on the biblegateway website tremendously helpful. It's full of sound and sensible interpretative help. The only problem is, it's not that easy to find. So, if you want help from these generally excellent commentaries go to the relevant passage on biblegateway.com and you'll see a page like this:


 If you look at the right hand end of the yellow line, you'll see 'show resources' in red. Click here and the text of the NIV Commentary will open in a side pane:



Select the relevant section of the commentary and it will be there for you. Unfortunately, as you read on, you have to go back to the menu to select the next section.

If you just want the commentary without the Bible text next to it, go to the Additional Resources section on the left hand side pane and scroll down until you find the link.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message...