Saturday 29 August 2009

Christ neglect

We're all shocked at the recent stories of child neglect. And it's right that we're shocked - the day we're not shocked will be a terrible day.
But perhaps we should also be shocked at our neglect of Christ.
Since 'In him God has given me so much that heaven can give no more', my gratitude, my affection, my attention towards him should be complete. But it's not. I neglect him. And that's the essence of all my sin. If I gave Jesus my full and complete attention, I would not sin.
But the wonderful vision of Revelation is of Jesus being the focus of all attention because the curse of sin has been removed, 'No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city and his servants will serve him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads.' From that day on Jesus will never again be neglected.
Fortunately, as we await that great and glorious day, we receive constant mercy and forgiveness from Jesus the Son; teaching and encouragement from the Spirit through the word; and the Father's tender care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message...