Friday 19 June 2009

How long does it take...?

A few years ago, I contacted Kent County Council about a loose manhole cover outside our house which makes a dreadful noise every time a car goes over it. I contacted them again this week. Perhaps this time they'll get on with it.

Meanwhile, as I wait for KCC, I went to Tyndale House Library where I stumbled across an article in the 1928 edition of the Journal of Theological Studies which said that there was a need for studies of punctutation in individual manuscripts. So 81 years later, here I am doing just that!

I have to say that I've lost a little enthusiasm for the project because there just doesn't seem to be anything of real significance, but Dirk Jongkind, who's supervising the project, is really excited and wants to publish my findings in some obscure journal. So I'm now starting to write it all up before submitting a first draft to Dirk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message...