Thursday 22 September 2011

The forgotten weapon

We're all so familiar with 'the armour of God' in Ephesians 6 - the belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, the shoes of the gospel of peace, the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit - that we forget what surrounds them all:
With all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, pray at all times in the Spirit, and to that end be on your guard with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, and also for me...  Eph 6:18-20
I have become convinced from my own life and from that of many churches, that prayer is in short supply these days. Few of us know how to pray for any length of time, and few have experienced deeply passionate prayer metings as we cry out for boldness to proclaim the gospel and for a work of the Spirit to save the lost. 
So my prayer is for a rekindling of my prayer life, and the prayer life of the whole church.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message...